A frost-resistant basalt planter, ideal for growing on a patio to create an exotic display throughout the summer. Complete grow kit contains bulbs, growing medium and outdoor planter. Exotic decorative blooms, resembling pineapples, which will bloom over the summer, with extravagant green foliage to fill your planter.
Plant outdoors from February to May.
Pineapple lily will flower from July through to September.
1. Open the bag of compost and empty into the planter.
2. Make 3 holes spaced evenly in the planter and approximately 8 cm deep.
3. Place 1 bulb in each hole and cover over.
4. Firm down the compost and water lightly.
5. Place in a sunny position, ideally in a spot which is sheltered from the wind.
6. Water regularly, do not let the compost dry out.
Water freely during the growing season and sparingly during winter.
Protect the crown of the plant with a dry winter mulch or over-winter indoors under glass.
Re-pot container-grown specimens each spring with fresh compost.
Do not eat ornamental flowers or bulbs.
Some plants can be harmful if consumed or cause irritation if touched.
Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands thoroughly when finished.
See our list of potentially harmful plants here.